Brigham’s Playhouse, in nearby Washington City, was named for LDS Church President Brigham Young, who is reputed to have said, “If I were marooned on an island inhabited by natives and told to civilize them, I would first build a theater.”
While we’re not on an island here in our red desert hometown, we do have a number of really good theater companies. Among the most popular is Brigham’s Playhouse, located at 25 N. 300 West, in the City of Washington … and the best part is they’ve just announced their 2018 season:
- “Daddy Long Legs,” a new off-Broadway musical, plays from February 23 – March 24.
- The classic “Our Town” runs March 30 – April 28.
- The popular “Bye, Bye Birdie” with its fun and entertaining soundtrack will have you tapping your feet from May 10 – June 16.
- Rodgers and Hammerstein’s “South Pacific” is certain to take you back – or teach you some lessons about life and love, playing August 23 – Sept. 29.
- Agatha Christie’s “Murder on the Nile” will delight audiences from October 11 to November 17.
- To usher in the 2018 holiday season, Brigham’s Playhouse presents “A Christmas Carol” from November 23 to December 30.
The curtain goes up on all shows at Brigham’s Playhouse at 7 p.m. with a 2 p.m. matinee each Saturday.
For more information or to purchase tickets, go online to www.brighamsplayhouse.com.
If you are a lover of all things theatrical, you’ll want to add Brigham’s Playhouse to your list of “things to see and do” on your southern Utah vacation, then register online for a week or a month in a comfortable and affordable home-away-from-home. Choose either St. George Resort Rentals at www.stgeorgeresortrentals.com or www.laspalmasresortcondos.com for Five Seasons Vacation condominiums. You’ll find comfortable living spaces, fully stocked kitchens with all appliances; free-use laundry sets in every unit; and resort amenities. We look forward to seeing you.